Saturday, July 7, 2007

Stupid writer's block

OK, it's not exactly a block. I have been writing. I just don't like how the words sound when I read them over. I feel a lot of pressure to write something good in a short time because I know that Pete Fromm is going to be reading it. I like his writing a lot. Maybe that is throwing me off.

Anyway, I just procrastinated for a couple of hours by going through all the posts I wrote while I was away at school and fixing typos and facts that I have since learned were wrong. The blog looks better but I am still on page three of my novel.

I did get an idea for a series of short stories, a little collection of very short fiction. I tried to start writing one of the stories, but the words just weren't coming. I need more facts. If I could just let myself make things up without having to know facts.... Well, that could be a disaster, but from here it feels like it would be great.

I had promised myself that I would get ten pages done this weekend and that then everything would be on schedule. I have to finish at least one chapter. I just wrote a swear word and then deleted it because I remembered that my parents might be reading. Now I'm going to see if Marc is somewhere doing something that I can do with him. I have all day tomorrow to write some more.

No comments: