Tuesday, July 3, 2007

So Many Typos, So Little Time

Honey, I'm home!

I got back night before last, exhausted. I slept and then I slept some more. I saw Marc. I hugged my kitties. I slept yet a little more.

For the record, the number of typos in my previous posts has a lot to do with not being used to typing on a laptop, lack of sleep and the fact that the 'h' on my laptop sticks. (I really should take it in to be repaired. It's a brand new laptop!)

I could go back and fix all the typos, but I don't have that much energy right now and I need to get my evaluations done by the end of the week, plus I have a lot of reading and writing to do. So please forgive those annoying typos. And please know that I actually do know the difference between memorized and mesmerized.

My study plan has me writing a new chapter for every packet that I send to my advisor. Also, I have a reading list of books. I need to read twenty works this semester and write commentaries on 12 of them. I have to send 2 or 3 commentaries in with every packet. The first packet is due on July 20th, so my work is cut out for me.

I restarted my first chapter for about the tenth time. I think I have it down now, if only I could get the words to come out the way I want them to. I think I may have to resort to what I do sometimes, which is start writing an explanation for myself of what happens in the chapter. Somehow this usually leads to an actual writing before it is done.

I don't know if I will have a lot to write here during the non-residency part of the semester, but I'll see. I guess I can write about my frustrations.

I looked last night for places I could submit my microfiction. I think I am going to send it out . I'll probably only get $20 for it, but that's ok. That's a book or a lunch for two. I also found another place that gives the first line and then all the flash fiction they accept for an issue starts with that line. That looks like a great writing exercise to me and I am definitely going to do it.

Enough about me. Sleep beckons.

No comments: