Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sometimes writing is hell

So, this whole up and down thing is just like torture. First I think the prologue is working and should be kept with the story. But then, I read it to Marc and he convinces me that it shouldn't be there. How did he do that? He said the magic words, "Think of Romeo and Juliet. That's a tragedy. But there are only a few bad moments in it. Somber is depressing and no one reads to be depressed."

OK. Good bye prologue. I really wrote it to help myself anyway. And I'm glad it doesn't have to be depressing the whole way through. Now at least I don't feel so worried about how light it seems at the beginning. Because really, Romeo and Juliet is fun and funny at the beginning, and yeah, it's definitely a tragedy.

So why do I feel terrible? Maybe I'm comng down with something. But I don't think so.

No comments: