Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wednesday?

It's a good thinmg this residency doesnt feel as busy as the last one. I am pretty sick, and feel terrib le and ired. I have mo,ments when I feel ok, but mostly I feel slightly nauseous an achy.

I only went to four things esterday: the first craft talk, whih was Peter Sears about revisions. Then workshop, a talk by Hilda Raz, he editor of Prairie Schooner, and Marvin Bell's poetry reading at night He was with Glenn Moore (the best stand up bass player in America). It was really cool to hear Glenn play. Somehow I was not there for the poetry. I mean, I heard it, but I didnt feel it. Don't know why. Probably sickness.

I'm having lunch with Pete today.I'm looking forward to it. He's a good energy to be around.

Also on the schedule today, a craft talk by Ellen Bass. She is really great. She's talking about discovery. We are workshopping Linda's and Mindie's pieces in workshop today, cool because both of them are friends. Ten this afternoon, I may go to two graduate readings and a craft talk by Mary Helen Stefanick called The Secret of Once. Tonigt Pete Fromm and Valerie Miner are reading and Linda is introducing them.

The weather has apparently been crazy, but I have carefully avoided going outside or even looking outside or the most part. I only know by rumor and the sound of the wind howling through the wall when I'm in the bathroom in my room.

I'll be having breakfast with Abby again this morning. I really should spend some time now doing some reviews of classes so far, so I won't have so much work to do when I get home those first few days.

I don't know how, but Marc magically fixed my e. You probably won't remember, but last residency, I was sruggling with it. It works perfectly now and Marc clais never to have had a problem with it. I think he's just gifted. Actually, now that I think about the keyboard layout, maybe it was the h. But that seems to be working fine also.

Ah delirium. The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.

No comments: