Monday, February 9, 2009

Writing made simple. Sort of.

Congratulations should be going out to Mindie Kniss and me. We, for the second week, succeeded in putting enough words on paper to equal six pages of prose. I think the truth for both of us could be summarized by the subject line of the email Mindie sent me in the wee hours of the morning.

Do we really have to get this done by April 30th?

Yes, Mindie. There is a Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Mother Theresa, the Big Bad Wolf. You have a fairy godmother and so do I. That dollar under your pillow came from the Tooth Fairy. Her name is Daisy, by the way. Babies are grown in cabbage fields. Al Gore invented the Internet and George W. Bush invented pants. I personally own the Brooklyn Bridge. It's been in my family for generations, and if you offer me the moom, I'll sell it to you. And speaking of the Moon, it's either made of cheese or it's a boat carrying a beautiful woman floating on the dark river of night.

But if you believe nothing else, Mindie, believe this:

Our thesis manuscripts are due on April 30 and we will gt them done. And Valerie Miner will be as shocked as Captain Louis Renault.

2 comments:

Awaken Consciousness said...

So really, I should be starting mine sometime around April 15th...

Unknown said...

Only if you want to break our pact. And my heart...