Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ay carumba!

First the bad news.

I reread my six pages submitted as part of my agreement with Mindie. There is really no gentle way to put this. THEY SUCK!

Now the good news.

Since Monday, I've been steadily working on them and while I originally thought they might be beyond salvation, they are coming along nicely. It seems so much harder than it used to, this getting myself into the head of my character. A warning to all those writing their critical essays: Don't let your fiction languish too long. It will make it harder to get back to it later.

So now I'm a little behind in my next six pages because I've spent the past two days doing revisions. I'm not done with the revisions yet, but I think once I finish them, the next part will be easier because I will be in a groove. I'm hoping to finish the first four chapters relatively quickly so that I can draw from them for my thesis. The truth is, chapter 5 is 23 pages olong, so it's possible that I could just use chapters 1-5. I only need 70 pages minimum, which means I need less than 50 pages in the first four chapters and I'll have plenty. But I'd rather use some of the later chapters than put the whole beginning in. I guess I'll see. I have 12 more weeks.

Hey Mindie, how's it going over there? What color T-shirt would you like?

No comments: