Saturday, February 28, 2009

Author website

I took the first step to having an author website yesterday. I bought three urls. I haven't set anything up yet. I really want to have some photos taken, with props, and it will take a bit of planning and setting up. None of which I have time for now. But at least I have a web address to put something up on.

I almost changed the title of my novel. I had what I thought was a brilliant idea as I thought about what the novel meant. it's really about what underlies a person's conscious being. In art, it would be an underpainting, something never seen directly, but which affects the final outcome. I thought Underpainting would be a good title. I proposed this idea to Abby Murray, my brilliant poet friend. What?! she exclaimed. You're going to call it underpants?! No, I laughed. Underpainting.

That is a terrible title. It sounds too much like underpants. You need to introduce your head to the gutter. Adrianna's head, this is the gutter.

It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that I will not be calling my novel Underpants... I mean Underpainting.

No comments: