Friday, October 5, 2007

Stress Writing

Whoa. The stress is crashing down on me. How's a person supposed to get all this stuff done? And plan a trip and take care of other life responsibilities. See, it's the stress that is stopping me from writing. I just can't relax into it. You know: the state of mind required to write about magic. I need to close myself up somewhere, alone, without cats, without students, without husbands, without friendly office mates, and without email for godsakes! and chill into that place in my head where everything just works. However, that is not happening. Because I have to finish reading two hundred more pages of this stupid book. I don't even like this book. And then I have to write three commentaries. And by the time I'm done with that, time will be short and I'll be stressed because time is short.

So there you have it. The state of my brain. We'll see if I can pull something out of a hat.

Postscript: You might think by reading this that I haven't really been working on my stuff. But I have. It's just not going so well. It took forever to read the C.S. Lewis book and now it's taking forever to read American Gods. And the fiction, I've been working on it every day. But it's just not there yet. Not quite there.

1 comment:

Felicity said...

Do you have to finish the book even if you hate it? Usually my advisors have told me if I both hate something and feel I'm getting nothing out of it, I can ditch it ;)