Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Oh, the pain, the pain

Never have reading commentaries been so difficult for me to write as they are this time. I just finished the commentary for American Gods. I finished the book yesterday. FINALLY! That book is long. But after really struggling to keep reading it, I really started to like it right around page 300. In fact, I liked the last half of the book so much, I almost forgot how much I wanted to jump in front of moving vehicles while reading the first half.

My plan was to write three commentaries this time, and then next time to have a choice between writing two and writing three. But I'm almost ready to cave and just do two this time. It's just so stressful trying to write a commentary in a few hours with no time to look back over it. And it absolutely has to go out tomorrow. The one for Howl's Moving Castle is more than half done, but I want to watch the film again and get some exact dialogue to put into it. The one for Till We Have Faces is not remotely done. I think I wrote the first sentence of it yesterday. I'm struggling to make it not sound like a book report. I guess I'll try it anyway. Now that the A.G. one is finished, it would be great if I only had to do two next time.

'm such a whiner. It will all be fine. :)

No comments: