Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Chill

It's autumn now. Leaves are turning red and orange and yellow, and alas, even brown. The maple trees are the most beautiful, with their star shaped leaves, when the trees are only half-committed to fall, the top half gold and the bottom half still green. Fall comes over them like a blush.

It's a little colder now than last month, but when I called this post "Chill" I meant laid back, mellow, relaxed. The calm after the packet. And you know what that means, don't you? Writing just pours out.

So I wrote a bunch more of my current chapter and I wrote that article, submitted it, got a request for revisions, did the revisions and sent them off. Tonight is writers' group, but tomorrow, I may finish the chapter and start on the next one.

Also, books. I started 1984. I actually expected to dislike it, but I really like it. The writing is nice, clean, interesting. And Orwell thinks like a writer. I don't know why, but I didn't expect that either.

The only thing I am missing is having more contact with other MFAers. There is some contact, but not nearly as much as I wish for. Have to work on people during the residency, to try to get them to participate in more of the electronica that various people have set up.

Wish I could go home right now and do some writing.

No comments: