Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The return of the packet aka deathwish

I think I'm not so good at this getting feedback stuff.

I think I'm going to write to him and say that I want to alter the process somewhat and see what he thinks.

It sucks. I get so happy when I see that I have a packet, but then when I read it, I wish I hadn't opened it. I tell myself now that I won't open the next one. I'll just keep writing and let things go the way they go. I get derailed every time I read one of the packets, when it's such an unnatural process for me. It's just not the way I write. That chapter that I got such good feedback out of, would never have gotten me such good feedback if I hadn't written it in layers, in my own time. Ideas come to me in dreams, slowly and, bit by bit, I weave them in. I don't know if that will happen if I try to force it in this way. I think this process may wreck everything.

2 comments:

Felicity said...

How are you doing now, and did you get a chance to talk to Pete about the process?

Unknown said...

Yes, I did get to. I am better. He is so flexible. It's great.