Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Portland

I arrived in Portland yesterday. It's cool here, in the 60s. It's very interesting because I'm getting alittle familiar with the airport and I know what certain streets look like now. Also, I am enjoying the smells of Portland for the first time.

Yesterday I ate a peach and almost started crying It was so amazing. I had forgotten wat a peach really tasted like. The memory was still there, of course, but it had gotten all vague.

Abby is still sleeping. She really should get up so we can go and do something fun. Go out out to breafast. That's what we should do. We stayed up last night reading our writing to each other. Abby has some great poems.

OK< I'm going to try to get her up.

Tomorrow is the fist day of residency, although it doesn't start until evening.

2 comments:

Felicity said...

Dunno where you are staying, but if you're in Portland, spend your day going to Powell's!

Karen L. Simpson said...

Hey miss you at group. But have a wonderful and productive time

Karen Simpson